US press: Daniel Gill at Force Field PR
The Side Project takes on the concept of a saxophone quartet and pairs it with drums, bass, and soul singers to create their edgy and irresistible sound.
The band was started in 2013 by Eyal Hai, Alto player and lead arranger for the group. He called his friends, Eden Bareket on Bari, Arnan Raz on Tenor, and Hailey Niswanger on Soprano, and met for the first time at the Bedford L stop in the NYC Subway. They spent a few hours experimenting with different arrangements of Pop and R&B hits, and it was quickly understood by all that this band was unique.
Since then, The Side Project has opened for the New York Philharmonic at the Concerts in the Parks series, performed at The Brooklyn Bowl, The Knitting Factory, the commencement ceremony for the Art Institute of NYC, and many other prestigious venues and private events. They have also been attracting serious attention on social media with their live videos featuring the top singers from the local New York City scene.
The Side Project has one instrumental album out, #ThisPartySax (2015), and will be releasing their second album in July 2019 under their label Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Records. The album features different singers and original songs.
The Side Project
Everything We Do
(Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Records)
Street Date: July 26, 2019
1. Made Of You (Intro)
2. Redbone (feat. Alita Moses)
3. Everything I Do (feat. Alita Moses, Akie Bermiss, SceinZe)
4. You’re Still The One (feat. Akie Bermiss)
5. Can’t Let Go (feat. Akie Bermiss, Alita Moses, ScienZe)
6. Aeroplane (feat. Cyrille Aimee)
7. Made For You (Interlude)
8. Dancing Again (feat. Akie Bermiss, Alita Moses, J. Hoard)
9. Issues (feat. Alita Moses)
10. Don’t You Worry Child (feat. J. Hoard)
11. Retrograde (feat. Akie Bermiss)
12. Destiny / Margazhi Poove (feat. Priya Darshini)